Massage Therapy is the manipulation of the soft tissues of the body including muscles, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments and joints.
Massage therapy helps alleviate the soft tissue discomfort associated with everyday and occupational stresses, muscular over-use and many chronic pain conditions. If employed early enough after accidents involving trauma and injury, massage therapy can greatly reduce the development of painful muscular patterning.
Our Registered Massage Therapists are fully trained to help relieve:
- Inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and tendonitis
- Stress relief and associated conditions
- Headaches and migraines
- Muscle and related conditions such as spasms, strains and sprains
- Sports Injuries
- Back pain
- Repetitive strain injury
- Circulatory and respiratory problems
- Pregnancy and labour discomfort
- Post-injury and post surgical rehabilitation
- And many other conditions…
The regulating body for the profession is the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario and the Ontario Massage Therapists Association represents therapists.